David Van Nort

"RichK" wrote in message

"Matt"

The seat of my 1976 motorcycle has a tear that I would like to patch. I
am thinking that if there is such a thing as black vinyl with adhesive
backing, it would be a good way to fix it. Does anybody have experience
with such a repair? Where would I find that material?

Almost impossible to repair so it would hold. When you sit on it, will

tear
again.

You can get it re-covered for $50-100, depending on complexity of the

seat.
It will last 10 years or longer, if you keep it in a shade, or cover with

towel, when not in a shade.

Rich

Check your local parts house, I was able to get an aftermarket seat cover
for my 84 Shadow 750 and installed it myself over the original factory
cover.Came complete with the embossed diamond pattern and piping like the
original.

Dave