PaPaPeng

On 11 Aug 2005 09:34:27 -0700, wrote:

"If you can take it out just bring it to the shop and ask the
partsperson if that timer module is OK or needs replacement. "

Now that'a a new one. And how is the parts counter persons supposed to
figure out if the timer/control unit is good or bad?

Like I said in my first post. The timer motor works as it does cycle
through the initial program. The electrical parts work. When you
rotate the dial it will feel "broken" like having missing gear teeth
or timing tabs. The turning pressure will feel "funny" with sections
that feel loose and empty. When I took out my timer module some of
the broken tab teeth fell out. I took a look inside the module and
sure enough I could see where the tabs had been stripped. A parts
person who handles such parts on a dialy basis will know at once what
feels right and what feels not right. His visual inspection will
confirm the problem.

The control panel has two screws holding the bezel. Undo them. Pull
out or unscrew the dial knob. There will be two screws securing the
timer module to the control panel frame. Unscrew those, unplug the
wire harness and the timer module can be removed.