Phil Scott

"FDR" wrote in message

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
Assuming the furnace is properly sized sealing and
balancing the
system will do wonders.

Well, unfortunately, the previous owners sheetrocked the
lower level ceiling so there's no access to the duct flow
controls for the upper level vents.

I saw a 300 room hotel built with water source heat pumps
above solid sheet rock ceilings,, no return air even.

Phil Scott

On Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:05:57 GMT, "FDR"
wrote:

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
Measure the temp of the air going into the return grilles
and the
return air temp at the furnace. There's often a big
difference there
too.

On Sat, 06 Aug 2005 16:13:16 GMT, "FDR"
wrote:

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
om...
California has estimated the average residential duct
loss there to be
in the 30% range. Based on what we see in NY that
seems reasonable to
me.

Sounds about right. In the winter in NY here the one
side of the house
nearest the furnace blows out 120F while the other end of
the house blows
out 90F.

--
Never mind the facts - I know what I know

The problem too is that the house is cold on one end and
warm on the other
in the winter. The easiest thing seems to be adding a
electric heater to
help a bit.

--
Never mind the facts - I know what I know