Vic Dura

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 12:39:52 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

Vic Dura wrote:

Just curious about something. Is there a relationship between "gauge"
and linear measure such as inches or centimeters? Is the diameter of a
14-gauge wire the same thickness as 14-gauge metal sheet?
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.

No, as Vic says, wire and thickness "gage" measurements are different
scales. To make it even more interesting, there are differing gage
scales as well (at least six in my Perry's).

What are the six in your Perry's? I can think of three:

1) wire diameter
2) steel thickness
3) shot gun cartridge

Oh, and thanks for the spell correction of "gage". It's amazing how
easily I can make myself look like a fool.
--
To email me directly, remove CLUTTER.