Luke

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 14:56:38 GMT, "Ray"
wrote:

I'm covering (interior) a pale-pink with bright-white, and now and then I
get a bleed-through of the pink. It's not uniform, but in very specific
spots. And it seems that no amount of primer and top-coat will prevent the
bleed-through.

What causes this, and what can I do to prevent it?

Try several coats of a quality high-hiding primer, for example:

Benjamin Moore Fresh Start® All Purpose 100% Acrylic Primer 023
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper...tid=60#article

Or:

Benjamin Moore Fresh Start® QD-30® Stain Blocking Primer 202
http://www.benjaminmoore.com/wrapper...tid=50#article

You don't say what paint you're using, what application method,
whether you're thinning it. You might need a better paint, better
application, no thinning. Also very white paints are notorious for
bleed-through.

--
Luke
John Bolton goes ballistic: