PaPaPeng

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 01:30:51 GMT, "Dinah"
wrote:

When I went out to put a load of clothes in the dryer the washer was full of
water. It went thru the washing cycle but never moved past that. I moved
the dial around and it will start washing at every mode but will stop and
never go any further. It won't pump, rinse or spin. Could someone tell me
what the problem is and is it expensive to repair.

TIA

Quite likely the timer mechanism is gone. Unplug it from the power
supply before working on it.

If your washer has one of those older electromechanical time, most
likely since your setting is by a rotary dial, unscrew the control
panel and take a look at the mechanism. The timer's wire harness has
keyed connectors, so it is easy to replug the unit correctly. Rotate
the dial it for a few times and see if the timing tabs or the gear
teeth are missing. The tabs and gear are plastic and some of the
broken parts may even fall out. Shake the timer to see if there are
any broken parts. If the timer is faulty or broken just remove it and
bring it to the appliance parts shop for a replacement module. Its not
repairable or certainly not worth repairing. Its a long time since I
bought the part for around $50 (I think)