WillR

George E. Cawthon wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
=20
In article
, George E=

=2E
Cawthon wrote:

Only if diseased. Maybe you are thinking of larch.

You're partly mistaken, George. The Tamarack needles turn yellow and
fall off in fall. But the Tamarack is also known as the Larch.
;-)

See http://collections.ic.gc.ca/mississa.../tamarack.htm=

I spent some time in northern BC, and the Tamaracks sure stood out
against the evergreens in the fall.

djb

=20
I think you are partly confused, no, just confused. Everything you sai=

d=20
is true is except your first statement which was, "You're partly=20
mistaken." Nope, no mistake, part or whole. WillR said SPRUCE needles=

=20
turned yellow in the fall.=20

Uh no -- if so I was wrong or it was a typo.

Nope, they stay green all year just like=20
firs and hemlock, unless the tree is dying.
=20
Yep, tamarack is a common name for larch. In fact it is the name most =

often used here, but many people aren't familiar with the name. Yep, =

the tamarack leaves turn yellow in the fall and fall off, a natural=20
occurrence for a deciduous tree.

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw