Chuck Chops-Celery

Default Replacement consumer unit and stuff

I'm currently fitting a kitchen in my 1960's house. Taking the
cupboards off the wall I discovered all of the electrics are spurred
off one socket! Needless to say I need to upgrade a bit. I also only
have an old four way fusebox.

I have been quoted =A3750 to replace the fuse box with a new consumer
unit, install five double sockets (ie a new ring main for the kitchen,
new cooker point, a new light switch (for the under cupboard lighting)
and the whole thing tested and certificated. I already have the new
consumer unit - split load without any breakers, which I bought off a
mate, so the cost of the actual unit can be taken off. Does this sound
reasonable? I have never used an electrician before.

TIA