Matt

Theres a thing stuck in my toilet. I want to take a picture of it
down in the base of the toilet which is under water. I want to use a
digital camera. Are there any of them that are waterproof? I already
tried my 35mm camera and it got stuck in the toilet causing me to
remove the toilet and flip it over to get the camera out. The camera
was ruined too. What can I use?
By the way. I'd like to get the picture while the toilet is flushing.

You didn't give many details about the thing. It would simplify things
a lot if the thing is able to assist in taking its own picture. Anyway
you might use a camera with a self timer. A macro lens would probably
be helpful, as conditions are typically very cramped inside toilet
drains. If you want the picture during flushing you will definitely
need a waterproof camera, otherwise maybe you can package an ordinary
camera inside a food-storage bag. You would tie the package or the
waterproof camera to a string and flush it down so that the thing can
receive it. A picture during flushing would entail that the thing shout
"Now!" or signal you in some other way when the camera is about to go off.