Phil at small (vs at large)

It's been a really long time since I've worked with pecan, but it is
pretty hard-- It's a member of the Walnut family-- as are butternut
and hickory. Walnut & butternut are the softer woods & hickory and
pecan are the harder woods. The grain is really nice. The last pecan
I saw had a lot of knots. Use a sharp blade. The color is more like
hickory. I believe it is an open grained wood like black walnut, but
could be wrong. I just did a quick search on Google using
"woodworking"+pecan
as a search string & came up with 15000 hits