D Murphy

"Norm Dresner" wrote in
:

"D Murphy" wrote in message
"Chris" wrote in :

I am looking for a decent 115 HSS drill bit set. Something decent
but not a cheapo import. Heck I see titanium sets on eBay for
$9.99. Not something I would be willing to deal with.

Anyone have any experience with a decent set at a decent price?

Precision Twist. Made in the USA. I think they have decent pricing
and they
are good quality.

http://www.precisiontwistdrill.com/

Drill sets are he

http://www.precisiontwistdrill.com/c..._Catalog/08%20
_DRILL_SETS.pdf

If you want drill bits that will last forever forget the TiN coat and
buy the HSSCO (High Speed Steel Cobalt) set.

They sell through distributors, so shop around.

Even though they sell through distributors, they've got to have _some_
idea of the prices they go for. I just hate sites that won't tell you
what something costs.

The pricing is easy enough to find on their distributors web sites. MSC
has the Precision Twist 115 pc set in HSS for $324.81 and the Cobalt set
for $562.10, which is about $100.00 cheaper than a Cleveland set. The
cheapest set on MSC is an import for $42.00. A Huot 115 pc. drill index
empty costs more than that, so imagine the quality of this import.
The cheapest Cobalt set is $386.47.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/N2DRVSH

--

Dan