John Martin

himog wrote:
I was looking through Moltrecht's "Machine Shop Practice" Vol 2 and saw
some interesting tools I'd like to purchase somewhere.

Second, there is a fly cutter on pp.131 that holds the single point
cutter exactly perpendicular to the spindle.

I haven't seen anything like these two tools for sale in Enco, do any
of the other suppliers have them?

Depends somewhat on what you want to run it in. On how you want to
hold it.

I've got a fly cutter just like that. 40 taper, think it takes a 5/8"
or 3/4" square bit. Made by Brown & Sharpe, if I recall correctly, so
it's not new by any means.

Pretty easy to make one. Or, if you want a straight shank, a 90 degree
boring bar should be fine.

John Martin