daestrom

"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
ups.com...
Apparently the COPALUM tool I mentioned in the original post does in
fact create a cold weld to the aluminum and copper. Which means the
equivalent tool I'm trying to find would also have to be able to create
enough pressure to do the same ... am I correct in assuming that that
rules out hand operated crimping tools and only leaves powered ones?

Small lugs and connector pin crimping tools, such as those by AMP and
Amphenol for signal cables (e.g. 18 AWG and smaller) also create 'coldweld'
crimps, using just hand tools. But for anything larger such as 12AWG and
larger, I think you'd pretty much have to use something with a lot of
mechanical advantage such as hydraulic.

daestrom