bof

In message , Owain
writes
AlexW wrote:
New Road And Street Woks Act 1991

Is this /really/ applicable and necessary for removing 4 inches of
concrete from my own front garden?

No, but it is necessary if you want to sell Chinese food door-to-door
on recently-completed housing schemes :-) The text was
copied-and-pasted from a previous on this subject.

Is there a better way to lift the concrete than breaking?

Lift one corner and hit it (with a jack?)? It will snap?

I've had to remove a lot of 4 - 6" thick concrete over the years, and
lift and crack works really well so long as there's no reinforcing rods.
I use a 3 - 4' long steel spike as a lever on a fulcrum of fence post or
similar, stand on the steel spike to lift the concrete which only needs
to rise 5 - 10mm or so, then hit the concrete with a sledge hammer to
get liftable size pieces.

--
bof at bof dot me dot uk