N Cook wrote:
Went to my collection of assorted bands today and I assume because of summer
heat one had disintegrated into a gooey mess and another one on the way
out.
Anyone any ideas on storing bands eg in a freezer ?, under water ?.
and how to remove the goo thats splurged across adjascent bands.
I'm thinking of dousing all the bands in talcum powder - theory being that
if one goes gooey then the liquid black would stand out against the now
light grey of dusted bands and less likely to stick to adjascent bands.
I'm trying steeping the gooey contaminated bands in washing-up liquid.

This happened all the time to Philips drive bands in tape recorders of
the sixties and seventies. I'd have thought they had changed the
formulation of the rubber by now...

---
Met vriendelijke groet,

Maarten Bakker.