Wayne Tiffany

My first thought was that it was not the heat that got them, but
incompatible plastics. I have seen this happen before - a plastic worm
sitting in a plastic tackle box rather than in its bag, finding the plastic
foot of a Woody doll dissolved from touching another plastic doll in the toy
box, etc. Not all combinations do it, but I've seen it several times.

WT

"N Cook" wrote in message
Went to my collection of assorted bands today and I assume because of
summer
heat one had disintegrated into a gooey mess and another one on the way
out.
Anyone any ideas on storing bands eg in a freezer ?, under water ?.
and how to remove the goo thats splurged across adjascent bands.

I'm thinking of dousing all the bands in talcum powder - theory being that
if one goes gooey then the liquid black would stand out against the now
light grey of dusted bands and less likely to stick to adjascent bands.
I'm trying steeping the gooey contaminated bands in washing-up liquid.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England