Mary Fisher

Default Cooling a house

"Graham Wilson" wrote in message
news
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 12:41:17 GMT, (sPoNiX) wrote:

I purchased a an air conditioning unit from B&Q. It is an Amcor 12,000
BTU unit with a tumble-dryer type pipe that you shove out of an open
door or window.

The unit was on and running today. It turned the room into a fridge.

Superb unit. About £300 though - so not cheap.

However, it is noisy. You couldn't sleep with it on.

That was my thought about all the talk about fans - apart from the power
use.

Today has been so ennervating that I had to go for a lie-down this afternoon
but it happens on so few days a year that I don't think I could be bothered
buying a special unit to counteract it. It might happen when I'm not here so
it would be wsted. and who wants to be in a fridge anyway?

Just my thought, I'm not trying to convince anyone else.

Mary

Graham