Dr Doom

you must have been subconsciously recalling that old
Looney Tunes episode where Daffy Duck was a door to door
saleman pestering Porky Pig to purchase his wares.

One of which was some kind of retrofit onto Porky's
home, where he pressed a button, and the top level came
down like you describe.

Of course, after he pressed the button again, and the
top level returned to normal height, the lower level was
in a complete shambles (all crushed).

Now, for all you serious fans, there was another episode,
where Daffy was pestering his wares to a guy wanted by
the cops, and at the end of the episode, Daffy helped him
blow up his house (via a gas leak) - Daffy was about to open
the door - then BOOM !!!!! and he's yelling at the thug,
"hey bub ! I know what you need !! you need a house to go
with this door knob !!"

t-t-t-t-hat's all folks !

wrote in message
On 8 Aug 2005 20:25:05 -0700, wrote:
I hate to tell you this, but your house is too high. Worse yet, it
was constructed incorrectly. Your house should have been built to be
telescopic. When you want to clean the gutters, the upper floors
should overlap the lower floors and retract, leaving the gutters only
6 feet off the ground. After cleaning them, push a button and the
house goes back to normal height. I suggest you rebuild the house.

Mark