Gunner

On Thu, 11 Aug 2005 02:15:31 -0400, Artemia Salina
wrote:

I had to make a gib screw for my lathe. It was basically a 1/4-20 SHCS
with a very large head (I think it was 1/2" OD by 1/2" long).

How would you make that on a milling machine (and you can't use
attachments, or else I can use a milling attachment on a lathe to
make the framework for my hypothetical machine)?

helical interpolation
http://www.sct-usa.com/millhelp.asp
Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty."
Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly
save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long