Artemia Salina

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 18:26:42 +0000, Pete C. wrote:

What holds all those cylindrical parts together? Parts that were milled
mostly, and while you can inexpensively purchase shafts, pulleys, pins
and bolts off the shelf, you can not purchase the pieces to hold it all
together.

How often do you make your own bolts anyway vs. purchase quality bolts
like perhaps grade 8 which would be difficult to produce yourself?

I had to make a gib screw for my lathe. It was basically a 1/4-20 SHCS
with a very large head (I think it was 1/2" OD by 1/2" long).

How would you make that on a milling machine (and you can't use
attachments, or else I can use a milling attachment on a lathe to
make the framework for my hypothetical machine)?