Roger Shoaf

The cheap Harbor Freight made in China junk is for the birds.

You might consider buying a good set of fractional drills and the economy
sets in the fractions and the numbers. Then buy 2 each of the tap drills in
stub and jobbers length for the taps you are likely to need (6's 8's 10's
etc.) You can probably do OK with just the drill in the set for the odd ball
tap drill like the 12's. or the 14's)

Now if you find you wear out or break the occasional letter or number drill
then replace the cheap one with a good one.

Later on you might want to get a dedicated stub drill set. These are
cheaper and will walk a whole lot less than the jobbers.

An other thing that comes in handy is some 12" long aircraft bits in 1/8,
1/4. Every once in a while these come in real handy.

In your real common sizes you might want to get some split point bits also.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

"Chris" wrote in message
I am looking for a decent 115 HSS drill bit set. Something decent but not

cheapo import. Heck I see titanium sets on eBay for $9.99. Not something

would be willing to deal with.

Anyone have any experience with a decent set at a decent price?

Thanks in advance,
Chris