Duane Bozarth

Harry Muscle wrote:

Newsgroups: alt.engineering.electrical, alt.building.construction,
alt.home.repair, misc.consumers.house
From: "barbarow" - Find messages by this author

Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:09:50 GMT
Subject: Powered crimping tool equivalent to COPALUM tool

See
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/know...cle/0,16417,56...

*****

Thanks. I know about those, however, even though they are UL approved
the CPSC has apparently shown in tests that they do in fact fail under
normal conditions ... hence they do not approve of them. Therefore I
was hoping to find a solution that both testing agencies approve of ...
the only one I'm aware of is the COPALUM tool. They don't seem to have
as negative a view of CO/ALR approved devices (even though they do say
that they also have failed in tests). But since not everything is
available as CO/ALR compatible you're back to having to use pigtails,
at least for some things.

Harry

As I say, I'd start w/ Nicopress. www.nicopress.com