barbarow

See
http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/know...2098-8,00.html
"Harry Muscle" wrote in message
oups.com...
Thanks to everyone who's responded to my last question about aluminum
wiring. I thought I'd investigate the option of using a hydrolic
pressing or crimping tool to add copper pigtails onto the aluminum
wires. Apparently that's how aluminum wire connections are made by the
utility companies.

I know there's a tool available and certified for residental wiring,
called COPALUM, unfortunately the company who offers this tool has very
strict rules and regulations, etc. regarding who can use it, etc. ...
making it quite expensive to actually use, not to mention that no one
in Canada is actually certified at the moment to use this tool.

However, electrical utilities obvioulsy have tools that they use also
for such things. Hence I'm wondering if anyone could help me dig up
some information on other powered crimping tools that can be used to
attach copper to aluminum wire.

Thanks,
Harry