mac davis

On 9 Aug 2005 09:54:41 -0700, wrote:

Absolutely positive that the #4 jaw with the pin is in the long slot--
also the chuck is absolutely clean--
FYI-- Just got this from Oneway:
"I am not sure why the web page is the size it is, it is incorrect. It
should be internal 3-3/8 to 4-5/8 and external 2-7/8 to 4.0 I will get
it changed. I am a bit more puzzled by the box as the sizes on the
label I am looking at right now are correct."

I sent them along a picture of the box & also told them the same sizes
are recorded in the users manual I got with my Talon.
OK, I know that 1/2" in dia might not mean much (unless you need it) &
I don't really want to buy a set of #4 jaws-- (The jumbos would be
really nice to have though) I was just wondering if anybody else had
the same experience with the labeling & actual size that the jaws
really open.

Removing the pin might work, but I don't know if the jaws will move
another 1/4" without falling out. Will take a look at that. Thanks
Phil

I think that 1/2" in diameter IS a big thing, if you bought the extra jaw set
expecting a certain holding size..
Now, 1/8" would be no big thing...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing