Rex B

Gil HASH wrote:
'lo
Xcuze me for the newbie's strange question of the day :
Can a lathe be replaced by a milling machine for quite all metalworking?
In another terms, a milling machine is more universal than a lathe or not?
(It's for me : buying first lathe or milling machine?)

I am sure you will get plenty of responses to this frequent question,
and the usual answer is: Buy a lathe first.

A lathe is the more versatile machine.
You can do some milling on a lathe, but a mill makes a very poor lathe.

If you have a specific purpose that absolutely requires a mill, the
priority could change. For example, if your typical project requires
drilling and slotting pieces of 1/4" plate you would want the mill first.