Tom Banes

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 00:16:14 -0400, (J T)
wrote:

I've been trying to figure out some sort of machine to shake rattle
can spray paint. I've been able to figure out a few that would probably
work, but a bit more Rube Goldeberg than I would like.

You need to be an ammunition reloader! Most of us have a vibrating
brass polisher used to clean up cases befores reloading them. It's
sort of a big bowl with a small motor and off center weight under it -
that causes the bowl to shake pretty fast.. Reloaders fill it with
crushed walnut shells, ground corn cob and a bunch of other strange
substances that polish cartridge cases, throw in the cases and fire it
up for an hour or so. Bright, clean brass!

I just throw the spray can in the bowl without removing the polishing
media, and run it for a couple of minutes. Shake, rattle and roll!
Works great!

Minor problem - on some cans the labels and marking are polished off,
so a week later you've got no idea what was in the spray can, but WTH.

Regards.

Tom