Layne

Like what Barry said. The XX (DMT color coded black) is rated at 220
mesh.

I have a folding red/green Duosharp for knives, scissors and stuff and
I really like it for a quick job on my crappy kitchen knives and it
puts a very good edge on my garden bypass pruners using the green
side.

Layne

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:18:52 -0500, "Swingman" wrote:

"Layne" wrote in message

Diamond stones are great, but to me they're expensive for flattening
plane irons and chisels, but are good for flattening waterstones. If
you do get a diamond stone get one with monochrystaline diamonds as
opposed to polychrystaline. The diamonds are uniform on mono and they
wear longer.

I would assume that a lower grit diamond would be what you want for
flattening waterstones? What grit would you recommend?