nightjar

Default Cooling a house

"sPoNiX" wrote in message
My house is very hot, especially upstairs.

That is, of course, why traditional houses in hot countries tend to be
single storey.

Even with the windows open
and a fan blowing it gets hot as the fans just blow the heat round and
round the room. What's needed is somewhere for the heat to go.

I was thinking, could I fit small unducted extractor fans in the
upstairs ceilings such that they blow the heat directly into the loft?
Cooler air would then be drawn in via the windows making the room
cooler.

Put whopping great extractor fans downstairs, to suck the hot air out before
it has time to rise upstairs and insulate the loft well, so that heat does
not permeate down from the roof.

If you simply want personal comfort, rather than an overall lowering of the
temperature, fit ceiling fans above your bed and wherever you usually sit.

Colin Bignell