MM

You can buy rebuilt units, so that means they can be disassembled. It also
means there "might" ba a rebuild kit available. If I remember right, it's a
rack/power steering cylinder composite. Things to look for (besides the
obvious seals) are wear on the rack and pinion gear.

If you are mechanically inclined, you should be able to determine how it's
assembled by looking at it. It may require special tools (like pin spanner
wrenches)

How brave are you ????

Mark

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a power steerring fluid leak coming from the rack and pinion.
Can just the seals or somethign be replaced in the rack? Is this hard
to do?

The dealer wants 217 bucks for the rack. Autozone wants 90 but I am
leary of autozone on some things.

Is this hard to do? I have never replaced a rack and pinion before but
have done about everything else.