Phil Scott

"v" wrote in message
On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 01:21:39 GMT, someone wrote:

I've found a General Contractor who says they can do the
work. They left an
agreement with me to sign before they'll begin any contact
with the
Insurance company....

hehehe, now you can see whay they are called CONTRACTors.

OF COURSE anything they write, will be favorable to them.

Not correct. For a contract to hold up in court is has to
fair, equitable and just for both parties... good contractors
know that and write fair contracts. I write better
contracts, included in mine are liberal warranty terms...but
also included are clause to protect myself if the client fails
to pay progress payments and stalles the job then demands we
stay on schedule.

Phil Scott

If you know enough to negotiate, and have the bargaining
power to do
so, have at it. Otherwise....