AlexW

Owain wrote:
AlexW wrote:

New Road And Street Woks Act 1991

Is this /really/ applicable and necessary for removing 4 inches of
concrete from my own front garden?

No, but it is necessary if you want to sell Chinese food door-to-door on
recently-completed housing schemes :-) The text was copied-and-pasted
from a previous on this subject.

What happened to the r ;-) I wonder?

Is there a better way to lift the concrete than breaking?

Lift one corner and hit it (with a jack?)? It will snap?

How deep is safe for a light duty breaker on the Gas front? I am not
planning to dig anything deeper than 4" (perhaps other than an
exploratory hole for Gas).

If you're sure the concrete is 4" then you are *probably* safe breaking
to 4" but I'm not going to guarantee it :-)

Owain

Cheers for the advice, i doubt it will snap easily, its uniformly 4" (I
have samples from elswhere) and quite "good", builders doing the
conservatory had a mare with a getting out another peice of the same
slab (so they said) ... this was away from the services though.

Luckily on one end (gas meter) the peice of infill mentioned gives away
the location and direction on the gas pipe within a foot or so. The
infilled bit will probably lift out with a bit of perssuasion.

On the other end, I may be able to score the crete to say 1" and then
use the breaker to break out sections from the edge around the which is
not obviously infilled (although i might give that a scrub down to see
if thats infilled too).

I'll check the depth of the gas before breaking commences. I suppose if
too close to the crete then I'll have to dice the crete with a stihl saw
or something less disturbing, although I am not looking forward to that....

Cheers,

Alex.