Owain

AlexW wrote:
New Road And Street Woks Act 1991

Is this /really/ applicable and necessary for removing 4 inches of
concrete from my own front garden?

No, but it is necessary if you want to sell Chinese food door-to-door on
recently-completed housing schemes :-) The text was copied-and-pasted
from a previous on this subject.

Is there a better way to lift the concrete than breaking?

Lift one corner and hit it (with a jack?)? It will snap?

How deep is safe for a light duty breaker on the Gas front? I am not
planning to dig anything deeper than 4" (perhaps other than an
exploratory hole for Gas).

If you're sure the concrete is 4" then you are *probably* safe breaking
to 4" but I'm not going to guarantee it :-)

Owain