sPoNiX

Default Cooling a house

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004 13:44:56 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

The rule in our house when it's hot (as it is today) is to close all
curtains on the south side and open doors to allow any moving air to get
around.

It works.

We already do that..we also have blackout blinds that we use to
prevent the sunlight getting in but it's still too hot. Fans simply
circulate the hot air in the room..what I recon we need is a through
draft.

I have just spotted these American things:
http://www.quietcoolfan.com/ look towards the bottom of the page and
they seem to vent directly into the loft!

Will there be any problems venting fans directly into a UK loft? I'm
thinking maybe one of those bathroom extractors in each bedroom to
suck the hot air into the loft.

sPoNiX