Ken Hall wrote:
How do you tell when a Sawzall blade is worn out? I have a blade
I've been using in my Sawzall for a couple of years to cut tree limbs.
It has probably cut 50-75 3-5 inch Magnolia tree limbs. Today I was
trying to cut a shrub with a base of about 6". The cut went
v-e-r-r-r-r-r-y slowly and it smoked while cutting this green wood.
But, it still looks and feels as sharp as a brand new blade with the
same tooth count.

Ken

Greetings,

a) new blades from Harbor Freight are (were?) $1 in a multi-pack on
sale
b) if you find yourself cutting a lot of 6" limbs consider a chainsaw

Hope this helps,
William