Bruce

"Steve" wrote in
:

I am looking at buying a few new ceiling fans. The ones currently
installed in my home are mostly geared towards children and/or in
general aren't the right fans for me.

What are the key items that one should look for in quality ceiling
fans?

I am very picky on noise and wobble, vibration, hum, etc. I don't mind
paying more for these items. I am willing to pay more to eliminate
these items, but I've been many places - Lowe's, Home Depot, specialty
stores, etc and been suggested fans from $80 to $800. One sales person
says a $100 Monte Carlo is better than a $200 Casablanca. Another says
a $150 AirFlow is better than a $150 Hampton Bay. I know everyone has
an opinion and though, but what things can I look at for myself to
find what would provide the smoothest, quietest operation? Its hard to
compare this in a noisy showroom are in the middle of Home Depot.

Try this thread:

My newsreader shows it started on Monday, 8/1/05, 7:22 PM (West Coast),
by Peter.

Good luck,
Bruce