JANA

It is a common problem that the HV multiplier on the flyback assembly
becomes defective, and starts to drift. The CRT is also another common
problem in these monitors. Replacing the flyback assembly is the lowest cost
approach, if it is only this assembly that is failing.

Your problem is not that the controls are moving. Something is drifting in
specifications.

It is normal in many of these monitors that after about 4 to 6 years they
start to fail. Repairs are generally expensive in relation to the
replacement cost.

As for locking the controls, a little dab of nail polish should do the
trick.

--

JANA
_____

"JM" wrote in message
I've been able to improve the focus on my Sony CPD-G520 by carefully
adjusting the pots on (what I think is) the flyback. I can get the picture
quite nice and sharp, but it always seems to be off a little bit the next
day. I'm wondering if I need to put something on the heads of those two
adjustments to lock them in place once I find the best setting... or if
there's another problem that's causing the focus to be inconsistent.

Any thoughts?