Gerald Miller

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 21:25:20 -0400, kk wrote:

I made one several years ago out of stainless pipe. Flattened it to
pancake and drilled holes along the sides. It lasted 10 years but not
long enough to justify the trouble. Check out all the burners on ebay.
I bought a couple cheaper than I could make one.

mc wrote:
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want to
use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting and
drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

My current BBQ was new in '94, still on the original burner. New
cooking grid this year and replaced the sheet steel portion of the
rock grid for the second time a month ago. I have kept it outside but
covered with a vinyl cover year round. - We BBQ steaks every Christmas
eve.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada