amc

Default Ideas for bbq burner replacement material/ design

looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want to
use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting and
drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

Randy Zimmerman

Years ago I made on out of light tubing and drill hundreds of little holes
in it to duplicate the old burner. The guy I did it for was happy. Being
16 guage tubing it lasted longer than the original.
Randy

"amc" wrote in message
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want
to use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting
and drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

kk

I made one several years ago out of stainless pipe. Flattened it to
pancake and drilled holes along the sides. It lasted 10 years but not
long enough to justify the trouble. Check out all the burners on ebay.
I bought a couple cheaper than I could make one.

mc wrote:
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want to
use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting and
drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

Gerald Miller

mc wrote:
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want to
use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting and
drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

My current BBQ was new in '94, still on the original burner. New
cooking grid this year and replaced the sheet steel portion of the
rock grid for the second time a month ago. I have kept it outside but
covered with a vinyl cover year round. - We BBQ steaks every Christmas
eve.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada
Tim Williams

"amc" wrote in message
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner.

Step 1. Buy bag of charcoal. Step 2. Light charcoal.

8-)

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Mark

I get a year or two out of the normal sheet metal ones, stainless or
otherwise.

Just bought a porcelain-coated cast iron one, we'll see how that works.
/mark

amc wrote:
looking ot make a replacement for my H type dual valve bbq burner. I want to
use the simplest way to make one without alot of cutting and fitting and
drilling, etc.

looking for some great ideas on material and simple no complicated builds.
Has to be cost effective or I just might as well go buy it. just
satisfaction of knowing I built it and it works safely.

Ihave to construct at home with just a basic tools and welding machine.
I've made them on the job with all the toys at hand but not this one.

nosmo

Great question.
I have a custom made grill with Weber grids and flavor bars ( Type 304
stainless)
I am very happy with it except for the H style burner that I have to replace
every few years.
Would love to make buy a replacement that would last.
david