carl mciver

"Mario" wrote in message
| The short story is that I have a milling machine that is factory wired to
run off of 220V 3 phase
| power, but is capable of being rewired to run off of single phase power.
I originally wired it up
| using a rotary phase converter, but the DC spindle amplifier keeps
malfunctioning becuase it
| apparently does not like the artificially generated third phase of power.

Have you tried "rotating" the three phase wiring? By moving A to B to C
the motors will still rotate in the same direction but
the electronics will see a better phase. If it runs the wrong way then
you've reversed two phases. Between the two "good" phases is where you want
the electronics to work off of, since I take it there's a power supply that
comes off of it. It shouldn't be too hard to figure that one out.