Joseph Meehan

The system uses a 24V transformer. I am not sure of the current draw.
I have extra 24 gauge wires available from an old phone system and I'd
like to use them (I won't have to rip open any walls.) I'm guessing
24 gauge is "probably" okay but not the best. (I can't pull the old
phone wires and install a new 18 gauge (???) cable, there are too many
staples along the path.)

What is the normal wire size for this situation?

It is more a factor of distance than current. If you have a long run
that 24 gauge may have too much voltage loss and the bell may not function
properly.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit