CL (dnoyeB) Gilbert

James "Cubby" Culbertson wrote:
Hiya Folks,
Working on my electrical for some outdoor lighting. I am pulling wire from
my breaker to a box inside the garage and from there it heads through the
wall directly into the wall. My question is around GFCI. I was planning
on putting in a GFCI Receptacle upstream of all the lights. One of the
guys at the local Borg said he probably wouldn't bother. Another said it
was a good idea. I'm just wondering if there's a recommendation for this.
I know outdoor receptacles need GFCI (which this isn't) but what about
lighting?
Cheers,
cc

ground level lighting like pool lighting? Perhaps. I wouldnt put a
general light such as a garage light on gfci. It just serves no
purpose. If your trying to add more safety maybe you can add a AFCI.

--
Respectfully,

CL Gilbert