DJC

Owain wrote:
Jim Michaels wrote:

Two 16amp radials equal one 32amp ring.
House with 3 rings versus one with 6 (or more) radials.
How do they really differ in capacity?

Because you can put three 10A appliances on one 32A ring in *any* socket
combination. You can only put one on each 16A radial, so two radials
will only feed two such appliances, *one on each radial*. If you try
plugging both into the same radial you will overload the circuit. Hence
you have the stupid situation of having to think "I can't plug this in
here but I can plug it in over there".

Yes, and if I want a double socket for my kettle and toaster it would
require two radials to the same location. At which point all the wiring
for a ring is in place.

--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"