View Single Post
  #1   Report Post  
Mario

Default WTH: electrician/EE type in Dallas (Irving) area for milling machinepower conversion

The short story is that I have a milling machine that is factory wired to run off of 220V 3 phase
power, but is capable of being rewired to run off of single phase power. I originally wired it up
using a rotary phase converter, but the DC spindle amplifier keeps malfunctioning becuase it
apparently does not like the artificially generated third phase of power.

I currently am waiting to see if anyone replies to my posted questions regarding this problem, but
if no one does, then I will be looking to hire someone to come in and rewire it. It is probably not
too difficult to do, but I want someone more competent in the area of electronics than myself to do
it because I do not want to take the risk of rewiring it incorrectly - and then smelling smoke.
Miswiring this machine is not an option! I contacted a technician who works with these machines in
California, and he estimated three hours or less to complete the work.

I have all wiring diagrams and manuals here, and have gotten a good understanding of what needs to
be done to the machine. Any recommendations and quotes will be appreciated. I am individual, (ie
not a big comapny) and this machine is in my garage - so I am hoping to find someone who will give
me a square deal quote on the work involved, and preferably be willing to meet me at my place in
the evening. So a moonlighting electrician/electronics technician will be great, but I can make
plans for a daytime meeting if necessary.

you can read my original post on this topic at:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dyna_M...ers/message/58

Thanks for your help!

Mario