James \Cubby\ Culbertson

Default Outdoor Lighting Ckt Protection Opinions.

Hiya Folks,
Working on my electrical for some outdoor lighting. I am pulling wire from
my breaker to a box inside the garage and from there it heads through the
wall directly into the wall. My question is around GFCI. I was planning
on putting in a GFCI Receptacle upstream of all the lights. One of the
guys at the local Borg said he probably wouldn't bother. Another said it
was a good idea. I'm just wondering if there's a recommendation for this.
I know outdoor receptacles need GFCI (which this isn't) but what about
lighting?
Cheers,
cc