raden

In message , Barb
writes
Hi, here's a question for you plumbers.

My bathroom washbasin has got very slow to drain (not the first time) - I've
tried all the gunk-type stuff you can buy, and also one of those plastic
water-plunger things. It looks incredibly clean now, but it still runs very
slowly.

Is there a flexible tool of some kind I can push down there to "poke" it. I
believe that the drain pipe runs horizontally along the length of the bath
to the main drain downwards, after the trap, if you see what I mean - and
I'm wondering if the flow of water isn't fast enough to wash it through,
which is why it keeps getting bunged up.

Why not empty out the trap?

--
geoff