Phil Scott

"Steve Scott" wrote in message
California has estimated the average residential duct loss
there to be
in the 30% range. Based on what we see in NY that seems
reasonable to
me.

ASHRAE suggests one use 5- 10% for duct loss. and mentions
that due to *air leakage*. It is interesting that you dont
see thermal conductance loss through the air ducts thin
insulation mentioned more often...or for that matter through a
packaged units ultra thin evap coil/ blower cabinet
insulation. I think the ASHRAE 5 to 10% factor must include
that.

Phil Scott

On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 00:39:38 -0700, "Phil Scott"
wrote:

However there are losses with duct work in a central AC that
you dont have in window AC. (depending on duct leaks etc
etc.
in the 5 to 10% range...not so good actually)

--
Never mind the facts - I know what I know