TURTLE

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
I thought they were supposed to cool partly account of the refrigerant going
through. Though, such a system might trap the heat in. I've seen compressor
blankets, now. I bet those totlaly depend on refrigerant flow for cooling.

Wonder if the failure rate you saw was the warmer southern climate, or mabye
someone before your time didn't do much coil cleaning?

--

Christopher A. Young

This is Turtle.

the Heat was generated in the shell of the compressor by the rotor and not as it
was leaving the compressor like Scroll or piston. No Stormy Poor Design.

No Stormy , you don't have a 100% failure rate caused by too hot of weather or
not cleaning the condenser. Most of the failures were the first time the system
had a run 12 hours straight without turning it off to cool off. i changed one
out under warranty for a chicken place here and in about a month later the
rotory compressor went out again. Fedders told use to have it fixed and send the
bill to a law firm in New York and see if they would get paid. The customer just
bought a new condenser and forgot about it for Fedders being in bankruptsy court
and all.

No i did not sell it to him for he work for a chicken fast food chain call
Fatsos Fried Chicken and had a deal cut to buy wholesale of all the hvac
equipment and get their installer to put it.

TURTLE