AllenC

In . com, The Sanity
Inspector wrote:

My AC has a clogged pipe or some such, and is leaking all over the
basement--which is unfurnished, thank goodness. Email welcome, watch
the spam trap.

As others have suggested, you can probably unclog this yourself.

3 summers ago I had a similar issue with a clog in the condensation
pump. In my case, the A/C system was disabled due to the reservoir
being full. Going forward, I've prevented this issue from recurring by
pouring a quart of hot water mixed with 1 cup of bleach down the
condensation PVC pipe. This eats the mold that grows in the pipe. I do
this when the cooling season starts, before turing the A/C system on
for the first time and again when I change the air filters during the
cooling season. I pour 1/2 the mixture into the pipe, wait about a
minute, then pour the other 1/2 so I don't over fill the reservoir. I
do this for both the 1st and 2nd floor A/C units.

--
*Osc on efnet aka Allen C

remove 'news' & - to email