Stormin Mormon

I thought they were supposed to cool partly account of the refrigerant going
through. Though, such a system might trap the heat in. I've seen compressor
blankets, now. I bet those totlaly depend on refrigerant flow for cooling.

Wonder if the failure rate you saw was the warmer southern climate, or mabye
someone before your time didn't do much coil cleaning?

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"TURTLE" wrote in message
. ..

This is Turtle.

hey , there was a company that started using rotory compressors in central
units
back about 20+ years ago and their name was Fedders corp.. They started
putting
the rotory compressors in their central units and due to the 100% failure
rate,
they went belly up or bankrupt in 3 years after starting to put them in the
central units.

The problem was this as to the 100% failure rates . The Mass of the shell of
the
compressors over 2 1/2 tons was too big to let all the heat out and not heat
up
too much and burn it's self up. By Now a days they must have design it right
do it by now.

TURTLE