The Natural Philosopher

Default Electronic Water Descalers / softeners

parish wrote:

The Natural Philosopher wrote:

James Salisbury wrote:

how do they perform compared to the magnet versions?

Probabl;y equally as badly: If your watyer contains calcium carbonate,
you can possibly affect where and it what form it deposits, but not
prevent it completely.

Replacing it wuith sodium carboneate stops the problems perfectly, at
the downside of fair capital expense, the need to fill em up with
salt, and a different taste and feel to the water, which I presonally
prefer.

I presume that you are referring to water softeners? If so, I thought
that you aren't supposed to drink the water from them (always have an
un-softened tap in the kitchen for drinking water)?

You aren't supposed to drink from lead pipes, touch asbestos without a
government license, smoke cigarettes, get industrial cleaning fluid on
your bare skin, go to motor races and pop concerts withot ear defenders
etc etc.

Done all of those, and at 53, am not in perfect health like I was at 20,
but I ain't dead yet :-)

I'll say tho, that clening fluid on bare skin makes you feel like ****
for a few days.

For me, If I was worried about blood pressure etc, I would stop smoking,
not worry about the tiny amount of sodiaum carbonate in softened water.
There is far more muck in 'natural' mineral water.

Regards,

Parish - who's curious 'coz he's thinking about getting a water softener.